I’m taking this Whiny Wednesday off. I feel as if I’ve done nothing but whine all week, so instead I’m going to be Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary and list all the things I’m happy about today:
- My mum is here to visit, and she’s healthy enough to travel and fun to spend time with.
- My husband has the patience of Job and despite teasing me about being grumpy of late, he puts up with me.
- My cat loves me, in her own odd feline way. I am her #1 person.
- There is money in my bank account and food in my fridge, gas in my car and a roof over my head.
- I love my job, in fact I love all my jobs, even the ones that don’t pay.
- I have a great group of kids to mentor in my school program, and even though I want to take all of them home wih me, I am sane enough to understand that I can’t and won’t.
- I have friends who trust me enough to call me when they are in crisis.
It’s Whiny Wednesday. If you need to let it all out, go ahead. If not, tell me what you’re happy about today.
First, I must get something off my chest. Early this morning I logged on to Facebook and one of the first posts I read was “two of your friends like Let’s honor all mothers today! Press like if you love your mom!!!!” My first reaction was “We already have a day for that. It’s in May and I don’t feel like reliving that pain again in October thank you very much!” My second thought was “It’s Wednesday, it’s Whiny Wednesday! I’ll vent about this on Lisa’s blog.”
And now on to things I am happy about today:
1. I am happy that there is a place I can come to vent and share where people truly understand me (Thank you, Lisa).
2. I have a wonderful mother (and father) who I DO love EVERYDAY (and don’t need to press “like” on Facebook to prove it).
3. I am celebrating my 3rd wedding anniversary with my amazing, wonderful and loving husband tomorrow.
4. I have the sweetest, most loving beagle in the entire world.
5. I found the strength to work on healing myself and taking some well-deserved time off from the dramas of friends who have been far from supportive of me over the past year.
6. I’m going on vacation in two weeks to enjoy some cool weather and enjoy the beauty in the change of seasons (we don’t get that in FL).
7. I have the flexibility and means to go on a few vacations a year.
Thank you for making me laugh this morning. I’m so glad that Whiny Wednesday is working out for you! 🙂 There are SO many reasons I don’t spend much time on FB anymore!
I love your happy list.
It’s raining in Los Angeles! I love it! Except for muddy doggy paws…
Aja Gold says
Oh one more gripe! Cathy Guisewite, the cartoonist that has drawn the comic strip “Cathy” for the past 30 years, has retired. But guess how she ended her strip? Yup, you guessed it – Her character is pregnant. Thank goodness I don’t have to see it play out.
What?!! No! I am so disappointed. This is such a cop out ending. “Every girl’s dream…” Well (she says, mucnhing on her sour grapes) perhaps it’s best she decided to retire.
At the ER all day. How could one tiny seed cause so much problem? Why was i stupid enough to talk with food in my mouth? When will my chest stop hurting?
Ok, that is most of it. Thanks. 🙂
Hope you’re doing beter.